Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fireproof

Is it possible these days to walk out of a movie theater feeling like you have worshipped, that your marriage is stronger, and that your testimony grew? You would hardly think so. But it can happen.

Last night my husband and I went to see the movie Fireproof. Many of you may not have heard much about this movie. It is fairly low-budget film, made by a Christain chuch. It stars the 80's heart-throb Kirk Cameron (my sisters are going to love that) and he does a good job. It's rated PG too.



I'm not sure if it was the fact that I was PMS-ing or that my husband and I had had a rough afternoon - but this movie was espcially moving to both of us and I should have brought my Kleenex with me. Don't go with "the girls" to see this movie - TAKE YOUR HUSBAND! MJH woke up this morning thinking about Fireproof. That says something.

Don't go in with super high expectations of the cinematography or the acting - but the message in the end is clear and it is good. Because it's a simple movie, for a very specific crowd, I don't know how long it will be in theaters. Go soon - I doubt you'll regret it.

4 comments:

brownymama said...

Were you having a bad afternoon when I saw you at Fry's? You fooled me with that beautiful smile of yours! And at least you were nice enough to stop and talk to the scouts! We'll have to go see the movie soon. Thanks for the review!

Artsy Aut said...

Thanks for the suggestion! We are always looking for good movies! Im glad you had a good time

Kelsey Claire said...

go on my blog.
watch the video.
if you watched the vice presidential debate...
you will like it.
and even though they're making fun of sarah.
come on.
it's still hilarious.

Alynda said...

Check out my blog - I tagged you.