I just had to take a minute to give a shout out to my big sis for introducing me to re-usable grocery bags. I love love love them! I would not call myself an earthy, recycled, granola kind of person but I now have a fond place in my heart for these bags. They cost only a dollar each, they fit a ton of groceries in them, and they are super sturdy. Another bonus is that when you use them, the grocery store deducts $0.05 from your shopping bill for each bag you use! That's kinda nice. I came home from my nightmare-ish grocery shopping for the week (I was forced to take my children - Dinner Belle Rule #1 NEVER take your kids grocery shopping with you! I am eating chocolate right now trying to recover.) with only my five lovely re-usable bags and a gallon of milk. It was glorious, since I normally walk in the door with about a thousand plastic sacks. So, thanks Tam for going green and convincing me to join in!
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I just got some myself. They hold so much more than the plastic ones! I really like them. I need more practice on ALWAYS bringing them to the store.....
I should have taken your kids a little longer so you could have gone shopping without them. It is a nightmare trying to shop with all my kids. Jack heard about those bags somewhere and keeps telling me to get them. I dont know why he cares- but he thinks they are pretty cool. I might have to get some.
qNo problem! I LOVE them so much! I'm glad I converted you to the green side! I miss you guys. Carter always asks where Alex is! Isn't that cute!
I've got to pick up a couple, I'm sure you can sling them over your shoulder and carry a few at a time. Maybe next time!
*quick correction, not just any grocery store will give you 5 cents off for your bags.....ONLY frys'. yup. that's right.
get sum. get sum!
peace.
Post a Comment