Friday, August 8, 2008

Weight a Minute!

We checked AVH's weight again this morning - not good. He lost 2 oz. from last month. He has come to another stand still but he is eating great so I don't know what we are going to do now. He was 18.9 lbs. when he came off the feeding tube in April. He lost a bunch the next month and then slowly started gaining some back. Now he is stuck again, just over 18 lbs.!!! I want to pull my hair out! On the bright side, he is feeding himself so much now that this was the first week that I didn't buy any baby food. The kid eats! I just don't get it. I'm trying to get a hold of the doctor - we'll see what she says. I hope we're not headed for the feeding tube again.

4 comments:

Frozen Cacti said...

Whenever we would take Adam in for weight checks I would have him drink a cup full of his favorite beverage on the way (water, chocolate milk, Pediasure - whatever his favorite at the time was). This of course always made his weight go up. Honestly 2oz. isn't much. Hang in there mom. He really is doing well I'm sure. I'm sending good thoughts your way!

P.S. I got to meet Abby W. earlier this week!

collette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
collette said...

It would be frustrating to see his weight not going up. That's great news that he's feeding himself. That's a big step when you don't have to buy so much baby food. Hurray for him!

Rolyndia said...

Sorry to hear his weight has not climbed more. My sister's little guy who is 2 has a button now and is not gaining weight. Like for her, I hope your little guy starts to gain soon.