Sunday, May 3, 2009

On the Road Again



There's nothing quite like the feeling of accomplishing a major goal and crossing the finish line. Not to mention crushing the target time. What a blast! This was my 2nd 10K and it was awesome - uphill most of the way - but awesome. A long standing knee injury has kept my running to a minimun lately so I was really grateful to not have to limp or drag myself through the shoot at the end. In fact many runners set a goal just to not finish last - we accomplished that one. I think there were close to 350 people who finished after us. That's not too bad.



It was great to have lots of fans to cheer us on during the home stretch and to fight over wearing mommy's medal afterwards. Thanks Mom & Dad for being my long distance fans. Get your runnin' shoes ready for this summer.

6 comments:

Artsy Aut said...

Way to go! Im hoping to do a 10K in October. Please tell me that is a before picture and you didnt look that cute after running all that way! Im always a red sweaty mess. Good job!

Brandi said...

Congratulations Adrienne! I'm so glad your knee is doing better! What an accomplishment, you should be proud!

Tami's Eclectic Corner said...

That's so great! Clayton is a mini Ade!!

Megan said...

Yeah for us!

collette said...

Way to go girls! I'm glad your knee didn't stop you!

Tracy the GREAT said...

Way to go! Don't you LOVE being a mom and still kicking some ... out there on the course? I love knowing that even with 4 kids, I can be in shape and feel great! Awesome! Love the cupcakes. You are so amazing. WAY TO GO!!