Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hello Cupcake!

I was working at the school book fair last week and right where I was posted to monitor little potential thiefs was this cute book about cupcakes. It jumped into my hands and instantly I knew that there wasn't going to be an easy way to leave without the book in my posession. I tried to put it back on the shelf but somehow I wasn't physically able to do it. Huh. Weird. I had to buy it. What other choice was there?



I brought it home and my boys were as thrilled with it as I was. CMH begged to schedule a cupcake making day. It occurred to me that there was an elective for Cub Scouts that had to do with planning and executing a party. Perfect. He hand-wrote invites to our neighbor children, delivered them, printed out coloring pages from the computer, set up a table in our basement, and pretty much did everything except decorating the cupcakes. He chose the sunflower cupcakes from the book and he helped with the green frosting but delegated the rest to me, wisely.



Believe it or not these were really easy and it was all made with canned frosting and Zip Loc bags. You even fill the cupcake liners with batter using a plastic bag - it was so handy and easy to control the amount of batter that goes in each cup. There are so many more darling cupcake designs in this book. We'll see how long I can go before trying some more.

These were the first cupcakes that CMH requested for his kiddie block party. Uh, a little over the top ya think?


Can you imagine showing up to a ward potluck with those?! Wow.

I do have to say it was a fun and low key get together and beautiful since all I had to do was play with frosting. CMH even cleaned up and walked the kids home. He loved being in charge.



On another note - I had to include this. Today was spirit day at school and they were having an assembly all about "Hollywood." CMH was determined to get dressed up for this occasion. He wanted to wear his church suit to school and after I nixed that he came up with this outfit. A white shirt, tie, scarf, jeans, Vans, and sunglasses. Don't ask me why he thinks this is a Hollywood look but frankly people in Hollywood can get away with wearing ANYTHING they want and so I think this works. You go bud!



AAH was feeling left out and so he came up stairs wearing this, ready to head off to pre-school. Arrrrrgh you sure? Why not? If you're brave enough to do it, I'm not stopping you.

3 comments:

Tami's Eclectic Corner said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cupcakes! You are one talented woman! His "Hollywood" outfit reminds me of the old school movies. Miss you guys soooo much.

Alynda said...

One word - Awesome! I loved the cupcakes - the boys are so cute too. Clay looks so grown up and I wonder what school Andy would go to and if Johhny Depp would be the teacher.

Rolyndia said...

Those cupcakes are AWESOME!!! Way to go. Your boys are adorable.