Saturday, March 22, 2008

What to do with all those eggs!

We don't have a lot of hard boiled eggs sitting around our house waiting to be eaten because my kids decided to roll them down the stairs while I was showering yesterday morning. Yes - there were shells and yolks everywhere and today I found a yolk mark high on the wall where I'm sure it was thrown. (I do love, love, love my kids but they are boys - what can I say?!)

So, we did have just enough left to make some Easter Breakfast Quesadillas this morning. This idea just came to me - they aren't fancy but they tasted good. Give 'em a try if you have eggs coming out your ears and you've had enough egg salad.


Easter Breakfast Quesadillas

small flour tortillas
several hard boiled eggs, sliced
bacon, sausage, or ham
cheddar cheese
anything else you want to add - salsa, grilled green peppers and onion, etc.

On a flour tortilla sprinkle some cheese, layer sliced egg on top. Top with the meat of your choice and any other additions you would like. Top with more cheese and a second tortilla. Place on a hot griddle or frying pan and cook until the cheese is melted and the tortilla starts to crisp and brown. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa. It's a kid pleaser!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

that's all i have to say about the boiled egg-thing.

check out "the new, and improved" blog....do you see the shout out? it's suddle....but it's there girl!

"hey girl hey!"
"j/k!!!!"
p.s. check your e-mail....there is something from me especially for the clay-mister!

Jen said...

Thanks for the ideas. We made deviled eggs out of ours and had enough to feed a small army! I miss you!