Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter in the Desert




I decided to organize an Easter egg hunt for the families in our neighborhood that have children. I just couldn't bear the crowds of people that would be gathering at other locations in town and so this seemed to be a good alternative. I had no clue what a good idea I had come up with! :) I decided that we would hide the eggs in the wash that runs behind all of our homes. It was the PERFECT spot for an egg hunt because we could actually hide the eggs instead of just spreading them out on a lawn. That way the hunt wasn't over in 30 seconds with all of the older kids loaded with eggs and the little ones had just a couple.

My nieghbor put some pictures of Jesus in about 2 dozen eggs and labeled them with a star so the kids would know to that those were the "special" ones. We had a great time and everyone really enjoyed themselves. We decided that this would be a new neighborhood tradition.

2 comments:

Jen said...

This looks so fun! I wish we had been there. Maybe Memorial Day. Nick better not kid around like that. I miss you.

Anonymous said...

was this in the wash? how funny! looks like a great mormon row get-together! hehe. love it.