
Easter dinner was great. We had ham and potatoes and the whole bit. But I have to say that one of the things that we all liked the best were the carrots I made. I had tasted them years ago and asked for the recipe but it isn't that often that you have a reason to make a huge dish of carrots. I figured that Easter was a great occasion and so I dusted off my recipe.
It is fairly simple - the chopping takes the longest. But they are so good. Don't be afraid to pull this one out for your next ward potluck!
Company Carrots
2 1/2 - 3 lbs. carrots
1/4 C liquid from the carrots
1/4 C mayo
1 Tb. prepared horseradish (or less - I only had about 1/2 Tb. in my jar)
1 T minced parsley (I used dried)
salt and pepper
1/2 C seasoned bread crumbs
3 Tb. butter
Peel and cut the carrots lengthwise into narrow strips that are about 2-inches long. Cook them in a small amount of salted water until crisp tender. Drain the carrots and reserve a 1/4 cup of liquid. Put the carrots into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Combine the carrot liquid, mayo, horseradish, parsley and salt and pepper to your taste. Mix well (it will be very thin) and pour over the carrots. Toss gently and pile into the baking dish. Sprinkle the crumbs over the top and dot with butter. Bake uncovered at 375 for 25 minutes.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Carrots Anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm starting to panic...all these wonderful recipes and all I get to do is look! I'm hoping they'll show up as the next dinner club...maybe you could just do it every week and I could just contribute to your grocery bill?
Those look so yummy!
Okay - I'm making that!
I love carrots ... I am going to have to try this!
~A
um....looks....um....yeah....good?.....???? I'm extremely sceptical.
I just have to sy you have the greatest recipes!
Thanks
I'm trying the no bakes tommorrow!
Yummy!
Post a Comment