Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Second Trip to the Hospital

Yesterday was Alex's eye surgery - it was so quick (no time to take pictures), you can hardly call it surgery. It was at the childrens' hospital again but in their outpatient surgery center. We managed to get there, through some crazy traffic, about 20 minutes late. They got us checked in, got Alex a little gown, took his vitals and we waited a bit. They took him back at 9:15 and I was in my car driving away with a happy, coherent baby at 10:06. It was amazing! I expected to be waiting in the recovery area for at least an hour but I guess they only gave him enough gas to knock him out for just long enough to get the 10 minute procedure done. The doctor reported that Alex did have cartilage (sp?) blocking his tear ducts and that the "clogging" and goop would not have clear up on its own. The doctor also did a thorough eye exam on him while he was sedated and found no problems what-so-ever. Alex has perfect vision for a child his age. What a relief! All in all, it was a pretty smooth trip this time. Here is a big shout out to Sean & Micole for the use of their bed and the best bowl of homemade granola and blueberries and also to Jenny G. for taking care of Andy for me while I was gone. Thanks to Meg and Nic for always being willing to help with whatever. Man, I have not had such a needy time of life ever before. It's hard but I could not be getting through all this without such great help and support! You're wonderful.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

good to hear the little guy is doing well. That goop can be frustrating and having a doctor (no matter who the doctor is) tell you to wait it out, it's sticky stuff. you've probably been to the dr. more times with Alex that the other 2 put together!

Hailey said...

I didn't know you were going in for this procedure. I'm glad to hear that it went smoothly and that Alex is doing well. I'm sure that you will be relieved that his eyes should clear up!

Jen said...

I wish I was there to help with life. Can I move in with you?:)

The Fear Fam said...

I'm so glad the surgery went well. Wish there was something I could help you with from here!

~A

Emily said...

Hi Adrienne,
I know you don't know me, I found your site from Dawn's. I use to live in Prescott, and sometimes I click around on other blogs to see if I know anyone...

Anyway, I just wanted to say I love your blog. It is so cute!

♥ e

Alynda said...

I am so glad that everything went well for both your sakes. I'm looking forward to our get a way. I know you could use it and so can I. Love to you Sweetie.