Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Add it to my cart


I am famous for buying home dec items twice - ONCE, cause I sorta like it, can't really find what I love and I really need something to fill "that space" today and TWICE because after a few months of looking at it all day, I can't stand what I bought the first time and it is driving me crazy. I keep telling myself that my taste is just evolving which is true to some extent but, I am also impatient. Having realized this about myself I am trying to do much better, although my home dec graveyard is growing and I don't know what to do with all of my old leftover "stuff." I really want new bath towels/rug for my upstairs bath but I can't decide what color - so I am just holding off instead. Right now my towels are pink in a "brown and pink" bathroom with a big picture of the Eiffle Tower in the background. I told MJH the other day that my pink towels really don't go with a house full of boys and the pee that is on the floor in that bathroom! Yes, it is time for a change - but I am not going yellow. I will wait until I know just what will be perfect in the room. I am crazy I know it. I change things a lot. But I think that is the beauty of decorating with big, basic furniture and wall color - you can change your accessories with your mood. And its a whole lot cheaper than buying a new couch. Don't bath towels fall into that category? There are some on sale at Khols for $3.99 this week! I actually saw this awesome vase in the picture at our grocery store, of all places. I fell in love with it and I have been watching it for a few weeks now. I was convinced it would be perfect in my "brown" bathroom so I bought it. It was OK in the bathroom but it was fabulous on my bare entry table! I love it. But it is back to the drawing board on the bathroom towels. Who knew you could find such life changing "stuff" at the grocery store! Moral of the story: Beautify your home, make it a place you want to be - but try and only spend money on that stuff once.

6 comments:

megan said...

why don't you bring your graveyard back to life at my house :) just load it up and haul it over and start decorating since I have nooo desire :)

Anonymous said...

you write a lot....i thought i did....did you check out my video?DO IT! :)Go to my blog girly!

Jen said...

I bag tagged you. Check my blog for details.

Jen said...

I love that, by the way! It's awesome looking. I wish you were here to help me.

Dawn said...

Or you could haul it over to my house. I think I have an empty plant shelf or two. I love out Fry's. You never know what you are going to find. I bought my patio set there last summer?! Crazy. Thanks for the compliment, we need to get together for lunch or something. It seems like ever since I bailed on carpool, I just get a wave in the parking lot. Cute vase! And I'm the same way with the accessoried. Out with the stained and in with the new!

Brandi said...

I think we should have a graveyard home decor exchange! I know I have stuff that I don't want to get rid of, but it is just collecting dust right now! At visiting teaching we were just talking about how we love Fry's for the exact reason that you can shop for cute home decor at the same time you pick up your milk and eggs. It's a beautiful thing!