Saturday, December 29, 2007

YW Lesson




I had to come up with an end of the year lesson and thanks to a suggestion by Megan & her mom, I created a Concentration game with the twelve main topics that we covered in YW this year. The game turned out cute and I discovered that magnets work well for this. I used foam board for the back and I am hoping that it will hold up for a while so it can be re-used later. I read an article in the paper about a young, single American soldier who adopted an Iraqi boy with Cerebral Palsy. It was such an incredibly touching story that I wanted to include that in my lesson too at the end and just talk about how much good this one person did and that we can each make a huge impact in the world.

3 comments:

Jen said...

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing that!

Alynda said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing how to do the board and I had heard about the soldier. what a great way to end the year.

Anonymous said...

i liked that story, and that lesson. You really have arrived in young women's when you take all of us on(not a huge group, what? 2,3 girls)but still, kudos.