Clayton came to me this morning with tears in his eyes because I told him to go and get dressed but he had no clean pants to wear - he would be too cold today if he had to wear shorts he said. I decided that today was as good as any to teach him how to do his own laundry. He's seven but he can do some pretty amazaing things - doing laundry is just turning some dials and pushing a few simple buttons. Piece of cake. We've got a great hamper that has 4 compartments where everyone's dirty clothes gets sorted right from the start, so that step is done. I walked through the process with him - it seemed really easy and he got the hang of it. I became quite excited that I might be able to put him to work in the future doing a chore that I hate. As we worked, he became really interested in watching the water fill up in the drum and so I left him there to watch but instructed him to put the lid down when he was done so the cycle would continue. Not concerend at all I walked away. As I passed by the laundry room a few minutes later I saw Clayton trying to be "helpful" mashing the clothes down into the washer . . . with the toilet bowl brush! What was he thinking?!! Maybe I was a little hasty in letting a seven year-old boy do MY laundry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is SO GROSS, but so funny! At least he was mashing them in the washer and not in the dryer after they had already been washed!
Wow, you almost got away with giving MY least favorite chore away to a BOY! I can't even talk Megan into doing her own laundry. I love the toilet wand touch. Where do they conjure up these ideas?
Oh my gosh! I can picture him there being just so helpful. He probably thought that he was doing this great science experiment - see how the clothes move when I push them with my toilet brush. Arn't kids great for a laugh?
Post a Comment