Well, August is almost over which means Summer is almost over - I hope. School has been in session for a few weeks now and it makes me want to tell the weather man to stop-it-already and bring on the cooler temps! But I thought I should at least post pictures from our last summer trip. . . only a month late. . . before Labor Day hits.
It had been a while since we had gone to visit my family so we planned to spend a couple of weeks and take our time getting all the way up to Idaho ...enjoying every step of the way - minus crying, hungry children who are tired of the car and keep asking, "when are we going to be there!?"
We stopped in the Salt Lake area to stay a few days with my Sis and her family. There is never enought time to do everything we'd love to do when we visit Salt Lake! But, we were able to go and participate in the Oquirr Mountain Temple open house, which was so, so nice. (I loved the refreshments at the end! Wouldn't be a mormon party without it.) During the video that they showed before you went into the temple they gave some history on the South Jordan area and featured our Great-great-great grandfather as the main settler of that part of the valley. Cool! Here is us and our cousins at the temple (Thanks Tam for getting the tickets):



There were so many fun things we did when we made it up to Rexburg - starting with a cute little Farmer's Market where the kids got their faces painted and we admired all of the food and crafts that were for sale. MJH dropped a wad of cash for 50lbs. of organic/local honey that he carted all the way back to AZ. He is a little nutty but I would have been even more nutty if that thing tipped over and drained into all of our luggage! Apparently he is a sucker for a deal. Here is AAH and CMH with cousin KiKi. Sadly my boys decided about 2 minutes after their face paint was finished that they were embarrassed and started wiping it off. KiKi on the other hand would have her face that way all the time if it was possible.
For some reason the little tiger wouldn't get out of our picture - we have no clue who she is.
We also started of our nice relaxing time in Idaho with a 5K race. MJH and I ran with Dad and Jen- we were all determined to stick together and just have fun. It was the smallest race I have ever participated in but they had some great prizes for the runners after the race. Some people won Adidas duffle bags, Camelback water packs, gift certificates for new running shoes and to restaurants. Jen and I came away each winning a sack of potatoes - no joke. But - we thought it was hilarious. Only in Idaho.

Besides seeing my family, one of the highlights of our trip was being so close to another temple. We could see it from my parent's backyard and from almost any vantage point as we drove around town. My brother who lives in Minneapolis flew all the way out to surprise us! So we were all in the temple together which probably hasn't happened since his own wedding and I don't think that we have all been together in a session ever. So - it was wonderful. 
(Here are some Prom poses out in front of the temple.)
Jen and Niko
Tami and Aaron (my sister & brother - without spouses. We missed them!)
There is never a dull moment when we're together!

Lastly, I must mention that the reason we planned this trip in the first place was to be with my Dad and support him as he spoke at Education Week at BYU-I. He taught 6 classes and we made it to every one. He is a fantastic teacher and gospel scholar. Way to go! It was fun to see his "followers" come back day after day to hear his messages. I madly took notes at his classes and a few others that I got to attend. I definitely came away enriched and ready to turn a new leaf. I could really be an Education Week Junkie if I had more opportunities - it was fantastic. And kids aren't allowed, so that was really the icing on the cake!
Thanks everyone for putting up with us for two weeks! And thanks mom for making Prime Rib - that was the most insane thing I've ever put in my mouth. Love you!!!!
Friday, August 28, 2009
So Long Summer
Posted by The Dinner Belle at 11:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Adrienne!!!
It is SO good to hear from you and I'm happy you found my blog so I could find yours. I will be keeping up now! Tell Matt hello.
Post a Comment