Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Hauntings

We decided that we really had to embrace the fact that MJH is STILL missing his front tooth this Halloween. So, we rigged up a little hillbilly/mountain man costume for him to wear to work and then I decided that I could be the perfect prop for him if I too went dressed as a rough, redneck frontiers-woman to our church party. Little did we know what a success our costumes would be. The best part was watching him convince young impressionable kids that he knocked out his tooth just for the sake of a good costume. He had kids from his singles ward coming up to him saying, "Bishop . . . Is that YOU?!" He was fairly un-recognizable. Many people commented on how nice we both cleaned up for Stake Conference the next day.







CMH decided he wanted to be a bat and so the little brother decided the same thing. That made things really easy.



AVH fortunately fit into the Dumbo costume that both of the other boys wore. He was darling - even when he pulled the ears off. There is something about that red ruffley collar and the little tail in back that is just too cute!



I was able to take the kids trick-or-treating downtown before the party and so I felt like we got the full Halloween experience this year. There is a particular street in our town that really does this holiday to the extreme. Kids from all over the city come and trick-or-treat there. It was such a fun atmosphere and I really felt the community spirit and the generosity of those neighbors. There were some houses handing out full-sized candy bars and one that was giving out Tiger's Milk energy bars to the parents! It was also fantastic to be able to go during the day light. People trick-or-treat from about 3:30 in the afternoon til about 9pm! Here's some pics from our trick-or-treating:






All-in-all we had a really fun Halloween. Now the candy battle begins. AAH actually ended up with the most disgusting candy I have ever seen. A gray, gummy brain. At first, in the package it looked like it could be a Silly Putty brain or something - but no - it was candy. Ewwww.

6 comments:

Alynda said...

I almost fell out of my chair when I opened up this post! I think I'll laugh all day - and when I don't feel like laughing any more (like when it is 10pm tonight and I'm still grading quizes) I'll just open it again!

Kelsey Claire said...

hahaha.
you guys were totally cute.
:)
love the costumes.
and loved the way your husband convinced kylie and colden, and lexie that he did that to his teeth on purpose.
sad thing is, the whole way to our next candy-destination, they were like, "wow i hope his tooth will go back in" and "why would he really do that" and even when i tried to explain to them, they were like, "no kelsey, didn't you see his costume, he MUST of done it on purpose"........hahahahahaha. oh geez. anywho. original, and cute, as always. :)

p.s. mount vernon is the bomb.'
p.s.s. i'm marrying alex.
in a couple weeks.
don't worry, we have time to plan.
just thought you should know.

The Fear Fam said...

You guys look fantastic!!

The Sutton Family said...

Okay Ade, I feel the same as your mom. I saw the pics of you and Matt and I giggled all afternoon. You guys are hilarious, and your boys are SO cute! I miss my little buddy and his cute chubby hands!

Rolyndia said...

You guys look awesome. Sounds like so much fun.

Erin said...

uhhh... I think you embrased the rough redneck woman a bit too much... I'm a little nervous for you two. The boys are adorable as always. Also GROSS to the brain gummy.