Wednesday, August 6, 2008

JW Marriott, I love you



A couple of summers ago, the weekend before CMH's first day of Kindergarten we took our kids to nearby city to stay overnight at a place that had a water park right on the hotel's property. I had never heard of such a cool thing before - to be able to stay at the hotel and use the park all day on the day you checked in and all day on the day you checked out. What a deal! I have found out since that there are many of these kinds of hotels nearby. We chose a Marriott this year and my, my was it heavenly!




Family vacations and reunions are great but there is something to be said for having no where to go and nothing to do but float down the lazy river and bask in the sun. My idea of a vacation will always be luxury, good food, and water water water - a beach, a pool, whatever. (Wishful thinking. I am married to one of the most frugal humans alive. Although he did have a wonderful time too and he loved the hotel. Minus the part where he left the van lights on all night and we had to beg someone for a jump in the morning as we all roasted in the 100 degree weather at 9am. Thanks hon.)

The hotel room was gorgeous. The bathroom was my favorite. I wanted to just bring my pillow in and curl up on the lavish marble floor. Ahhhhhh. What a treat - you gotta just do things like this once-in-a-while.



Belive it or not, I did come away from this little trip with a simple recipe of sorts. All over the property they have stations where there is ice water with lemon set up for you to enjoy. Just outside one of their cafes was a water stand but this one was different. They had filled the container with slices of fresh fruit: nectarines, plums, and fresh pineapple. The flavor was simple but it was a lovely twist on the old "fancy water" served at curch functions and baby showers and such. You can tuck that one away and WOW some guests one of these days.


All in all, we had a blast and it was a perfect end to our Summer. JW Marriott - we'll see you next year!

4 comments:

About Ours Good One Home said...

What fun! How do I find one near me?? It was so nice to see you. Thanks for stopping by! Take care. My M says thanks to your M for helping us move!

Tammy said...

I love your blog! So much fun, and so many delicious looking recipes. :)

I found your blog through Tracie's blog, by the way.....

Oh, and one more thing (lol) we are an LDS family too.

Katie said...

That sounds like so fun. You will have to tell me where it is you went. My kids would love that. Love the pictures and catching up on your summer. We'll have to get together sometime soon- seems like I havent talked to you in a while.

Dawn said...

Girls' Weekend, here we come!