About 3 years ago my husband and I issued a little challenge to one another. We decided that if we each read the entire General Conference Ensign all the way through before the next Conference we would win a prize. We each decided on a prize individually that would be a good motivator for us and we got reading. It was such a great thing that it has become kind of a tradition. 
So, this is a little invitation to join me in reading the Conference Ensign and to win YOURSELF a treat! If you need an idea for a prize here are some: a $20 facial at our local skin school, one of those monster chocolate dipped/almond ice cream bars at Costco, a pedicure, a night out all to yourself, a new item of clothing for your wardrobe, a new magazine subscription, a CD, a new kitchen gadget - the list could go on and on. I'm sure you'll be able to think of something you want! (And how could any husband question the purchase of your prize for such a worthy cause?!)
If you start today you'll just have about one talk/day to read to make it to the next General Conference. That's nothing - you can do it! Happy reading.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Another Friendly Competition
Posted by The Dinner Belle at 7:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a fun idea! Too bad my Costco doesnt have the good chocolate ice cream bars. I think I will propose this to Brad!
I'm in! Can you count the ones you've already read, or do you have to start over??
We did this in our old ward. Everyone who had done it was invited to a special breakfast. It was awesome!
It is a great idea. It is the only way I get to "listen" to Conference. My hubby gets to watch because I havethe kids downstairs to keep them quiet while he watches it. It DRIVES ME UP THE WALL!!! But it is better than having him "Yell" at the kids to be quiet every five seconds. I love reading the Ensign, but I will have to go back and reread all the talks to get ready for this coming Conference. Thanks for the challenge.
That is a great idea. Like everyone I always have the best intentions when it comes to reading the talks.
Post a Comment