Sunday, June 15, 2008

We Witnessed a Miracle

Last night we took the kids over to a park near our home where they were showing a movie after dark on a giant screen (Horton hears a Who) - kinda like a drive-in, without the cars. It was a very neat event and free to the public. We all had a really good time. You could buy a pizza there so we opted to do that and then a family sitting near us gave us some popcorn - so we were set in the food category.


We brought some babyfood for AVH since that is all we have really been able to feed him for quite some time now. He was crawling around the blanket and before we knew it, he dove into the pizza box and snagged a huge piece of cheese pizza for himself. He ended up tearing most of the crust off and then proceeded to eat it (well not all of it, but some). We were shocked that #1 he tore the crust off and #2 that he put it in his mouth and was eating it. By the end of the night he was eating POPCORN!!! Now, that sounds dangerous for most small children anyway to be eating but, he did fine. He even ate the Sacrament bread for the first time today!



I don't really know what's going on with him but this seems to be like just about everything else AVH has accomplished - he won't do it, won't do it, and then one day just starts eating (or whatever) like he was an old pro. Crazy. I just hope that he will keep it up. I'm sure it will help that his first top tooth just finally broke through last week. (He has been my crabbiest teether.) Man am I ready to get rid of all of the baby food - I won't jump the gun and toss it all out just yet, but at least I know that it where we are finally headed.

11 comments:

Tami's Eclectic Corner said...

That's so awesome! I'm happy for you guys. He's sooooo cute! Miss you! I can't wait until next month!

Anonymous said...

that's like, the coolest thing ever. I'm so happy that happened. let me tell you though, girl, it's defintely only the beginning. pizza is probably crissy's favorite food....he might be digging into the box himself....wait until he hands you the telephone to order the pizza. haha. the best is yet to come, my dear! :) hehe. love yah.

The Fear Fam said...

Great news!! Congrats!

Artsy Aut said...

Yay! Cant wait to see him!!

Frozen Cacti said...

Oh wow! I'm so glad he busted out of his shell and went for something new. I have a recipe for yummy soft meatballs if you'd like to give that a try.

In your previous post you menitoned clean books. Have you ever read Ella Minnow Pea? It's great (my favorite). And I'm with you...most of the time the story doesn't improve with all the extra smut.

Hailey said...

Yeah Alex! Now that he's had a taste, maybe he will want real food all the time! (It tastes so much better) How funny that I was just asking you about this, right before he tried the pizza.

Alynda said...

What great news about AVH!! The pics were even better. I guess he's going to do things on his own time - and then watch out, here he goes.

Katie said...

Wow that is great news. Maybe he is like one of my kids who wanted to do things on their timetable- when they decided- not when I tried forcing them to. What a huge milestone!

Heather said...

How exciting!! You must be so happy to thing that soon you may be getting a break from all that spoon feeding! Yea!

brownymama said...

Yeah! That is great news. I know it will make your life easier. And who wouldn't like pizza better than strained peas??? (:

Dawn said...

yay! That's a great accomplishment! So glad to hear that it just clicked! Whenever you're ready, bag that baby food up and send it on over!