Thursday, March 13, 2008

No-Bake Chocolate Candy Cupcakes


Can you say To-Die-For?! Honestly, how can you go wrong with melted candy bars and butter? I got this recipe from thedishtoday.blogspot.com. I was thinking that these little bites of heaven might be good made with Snickers too. I dare you to try these!

No-Bake Chocolate Candy Cupcakes

5 (2 oz) Milky Way candy bars
4 Tb. butter
3 1/2 C Rice Krispies cereal
1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
(1/2 cube white almond bark)

Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups. Chop 4 of the candy bars coarsely. Slice the remaining candy bar into 12 thin pieces. In a medium saucepan place the chopped candy and the butter over medium heat. Heat and stir until melted and smooth (don't panic if it's not smooth at the beginning). Stir in the cereal. Quickly spoon into baking cups and kind of pat down to get it all sticking together.

The original recipe called for the 1 C choc. chips melted and then mixed with 1 tsp. vanilla. I did this and my chocolate totally seized up on me and harden in an instant. So I tried again and used the 1 choc. chips and melted it with a little white almond bark so it would harden a little better. It worked great - all you need is a little garnish so do this step however you are most familiar with. Top the melted chocolate garnish with a slice of the reserved Milky Way. Chill for 30 minutes to set the chocolate topping. Holy Cow these were great!

Note: I actually only got 11 out of my batch because I filled them a little full - but you could easily get 12.

8 comments:

Jill said...

wow! you know how to tempt a gal trying to be healthy and crunchy.

i am definitely going to make these and tempt everyone i know!

Dawn said...

you make me hungryevery time I log on! I'll have to try this one. The problem is getting home with all of the candy bars. Something always seems to disapear before I get homw!

Anonymous said...

I totally called this one, I knew you were going to put it on your blog. i can't wait for tomorrow.
love
kels
kels

The Fear Fam said...

I'm definitely going to have to try those. Thanks!

~A

Jen said...

WOW! Those look awesome. Thanks for the great recipes on here. I miss you.

Tia said...

Hey I hope you know how great I think your blog is! So keep on posting cause I will keep on checking, I always need dinner ideas and this is definetly something every woman needs! Thanks your great!

Alynda said...

You've been tagged - check out my blog to see what to do :)

megan said...

how about instead of giving me the recipe...you just give me SOME!!!!!! :)