First of all - you gotta maximize this picture to get the full effect . . . and even then it doesn't do it justice.
Matt's brother Jared just e-mailed us a bunch of pictures that he has taken over the last several months of our family. He included this one which was taken of Matt in May while he was hiking with his brothers and his Dad from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon to the North Rim and back to the South Rim (42 miles). He had just come up from the bottom in this picture and still had another 1000 feet to go. As much as I would like to hike in the Canyon, this time the women-folk stayed in the cabins at the North Rim, wrangled the children, did a lot of driving and waited for the men. Kudos to my 10 year old nephew for also making the hike with the "older boys!"
2 comments:
WOW! That is an amazing picture. What an accomplishment! Matt should be proud. There are so many analogies that I could use for that picture. Right now the biggest one is looking back on the hard times in life...and you are so proud of not giving up but you know that the journey is not quite over but you've made sooo much progress. Hope that makes sense.
Can I get a copy of that picture? I don't know why I am so emotional seeing that pict. It's a great reminder to me never to give up. That pict brings tears to my eyes.
Post a Comment