Sunday, December 16, 2007

Pull Out Those Video Cameras

Hey all. We have just rediscovered a favorite Sunday activity - watching old home movies. Matt found some footage of Clayton around age 18 months and 2 yrs of age that all of us sat down to watch last week. And we pulled out some movies of Andy as a baby today. My boys loved it! I loved it!
It is amazing how you are transported back in time when you see your kiddos so small. You want to reach out and hug those little people you remember - who aren't so little anymore. It sounds funny, but I felt like I was falling in love with my kids all over again. It also made me want to take advantage of every moment I have with my family because even though Clayton is 7 now, I will look back on movies that we are filming at this stage of life and wonder how our kids grew up so fast. So, moral of the story for today . . . hug your kids and take lots and lots of home movies because it will bring you so much joy down the road (and it quite possibly could help pass time on a long Sunday afternoon)!

1 comments:

Tami's Eclectic Corner said...

That's such a great idea! I wish I had more videos of my kids when they were little. Carter will have a ton though!

p.s. Your blog is awesome!