Hello World - I have just joined all of you bloggers out there. I have finally been convinced by my sisters and good friends that I need to begin enjoying the beauties of blogging. I love to read blogs but it has taken me a little while to commit to keep up my own. In case you were wondering, I plan to post lots of yummy recipes on here along with updates about my crazy kids and life. I love, love, love collecting recipes and I thank everyone who is willing to share them with me so my giant collection can keep on growing. Although there are some recipes that I would love to keep to myself, in the spirit of good homemaking, it is only fair that I share the amazing recipes that I find. So, here is a festive holiday recipe that is one of my faves.
Chewey Gingerbread Caramel Corn
15 cups popped corn
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C butter
2 C packed brown sugar
1/4 C corn syrup
1/4 C light molasses
1 Tbsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Place popcorn into a very large roasting pan that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Mix together all ingredients except the baking soda in a large, heavy saucepan. Heat over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the baking soda. The mixture will foam up. Pour over the popcorn and mix thoroughly. Cool and enjoy!
Friday, December 7, 2007
Getting Started
Posted by The Dinner Belle at 4:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey - this awesome - I can keep in touch with all of you and see the latest. Love to you
HOORAY! welcome to the world of blogging! You will soon become addicted! I love you Ade!
Tia would like some project ideas posted please.
Post a Comment